Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Week Two Begins!

Mondays are rough for me - I have three classes and don't get home until after 7. I was proud at how well that I ate though!

Breakfast: Yogurt W/ Bagel (1.40)

Lunch: Yogurt W/ Granola, Watermelon + Banana

Afternoon Snack: Grapes and Crackers

Dinner...
I believe the key to a delicious stir-fry is allowing your veggies to cook together separately in a little oil before adding sauce, meat, or noodles. I usually cook my veggies (in this case: pepper, carrots, snap peas, and water chestnuts) for five minutes, add the meat and sauce, let simmer until meat is done, and then add the noodles. 

We went grocery shopping for a few necessities last night as well as ingredients for the stir fry (26.43). I am really disappointed because Jeff refuses to come home for his lunch if I am at school. Therefore, he ends up eating junk and spending money (1.98). We need to get him a small lunch box so I can pack his lunch when I pack mine on the nights before school. I'm planning a simple dinner for tonight and tomorrow, but we'll need to go shopping again to pick up stuff for the rest of the week. 

Our remaining budget is 70.16 - we will have to be REALLY careful this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment