Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day Two...

I was a lazy bum today. I didn't get anything done that I should have. Oh well - I stuck to eating healthy and our budget. I got the morning started with a favorite of mine...

I am aware that french toast is more of dessert breakfast, but it can be quite healthy if prepared right. Many would probably agree that the unhealthy part of french toast is the syrup. I believe the most important thing is finding a syrup that does not contain high fructose corn syrup. I know it can be discouraging because organic syrups can be quite expensive. However, stores do stock all-natural maple syrups among the "normal" syrups - they are usually tucked away on the top shelf.  These generally are not certified organic, but have no sugar added and are way healthier! 
My lunch today was the lunch that I was supposed to eat yesterday... 

After Jeff got off work, we went shopping for the first time since starting this project. We bought a watermelon, cantaloupe, an onion, three cans of tuna, two cans of broth, vanilla extract, and garlic powder (12.33). Adding in a can of soda (.60) Jeff brought home for me because I desperately needed caffeine, we have 74.13 remaining. 
This was dinner...
The rice was a recipe that I've never tried before. Basically, you add one cup rice to one can + one cup of your choice of broth, spices, and veggies in a baking dish. Bake at 350 for one hour and you're done. We are running low on veggies so our dish was pretty plain. 






No comments:

Post a Comment